Tuesday, January 11, 2011

5:30 am....time to make the cookies!

5:34 am to be exact.  After a long night of tastings at our potential wedding reception location, and waaay too many glasses of white wine, I left my fiance Alex and my pillow buddy Morty blissfully asleep and stumbled into the kitchen, turned on the lights, and made a cup of English Breakfast tea.  I looked down at my little guy Meowser who loves to follow me around. He meowed (Loudly) and gave me a look that could only be described as "FEED ME!"  Of course, the minute I start preparing their food, Morty comes running out of the bedroom and skids into the kitchen.  Scrounges!

8 am.  One cup of tea, two cups of coffee later I had two orders ready for my new upstart http://www.kittycupcakes.com/ and my place smelled like heaven.  I keep having this daydream where my neighbors, tired of having to smell cookies and cupcakes all the time, pound on my door and demand I give them treats.  I need to stop daydreaming so much.  I baked a Pecan Pie, and Chocolate Walnut Cookies.  Funny, for what was originally a cupcake business idea I sure have been making a lot of cookies and pies lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment