Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow...

Boston is officially covered in snow.  Every nook, cranny, corner, and gutter was utterly devastated.  So what did I do today on my government mandated day off?  Absolutely nothing.  I think that we should all embrace the long lost art of doing absolutely nothing and reclaim it as our God given gift.  When mother nature decides to incapacitate us with 2 feet of snow, and thunder and lightening to boot, I back away slowly and sit on the couch.  I have lived in Boston all my life and if someone had asked me before last night if lightening and thunder was possible during a Nor-easter I would have said no. 

I woke up this morning, had coffee, fed the little guys and watched cartoons.  Totally reminiscent of my elementary school days, the only thing missing was my footie pajamas and coloring books.  I slept and slept like only the severly sleep-deprived can and I chatted with some of my favorite people on FB Chat.  It was only at around 5 pm that it occurred to me that I could have used the day to test cupcakes for my website http://www.kittycupcakes.com/.  Then I realized I had used up the last of my eggs and I comforted myself with the idea that mother nature and the universe were truly cheering me on with my pursuit of laziness today. 



Kittens Joie de Snowprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment